Sunday, July 31, 2011

100th Post and Ocracoke Trip

This is my 100th post! It is hard to believe that Taylor helped me start this blog back in December 2009 to document my pregnancy. I am so glad that I have this blog of Anna Kate's life. I plan to print all that I have so far after her 1st birthday party. She will be one on Friday (can't believe it!) We have a week full of little gifts to give her. We have something small for each day for her to open. Everything has to do with her "growing up" to be a big girl!



Bryant and I had a little vacation last week. We took a trip to Ocracoke on Wednesday and came back on Friday. It was really nice to be just the two of us. We actually had time to talk and finish our meals! ha! We had a really fun relaxing time!It takes a very long ferry ride!! No land in sight!

Finally, 2 hours later I can see some land!


This is where we stayed. It was the perfect location and the owners were so nice and helpful. Thanks Caroline for the recommendation!


This was our little unit. It had 2 queen beds, a twin bed, fridge, bathroom, closet, TV and a little screened-in front porch.


The first night we were there we had dinner at "Back Porch." It was so good. Bryant had shrimp and I had bacon wrapped scallops. Both of our meals were delicious!


The weather was so nice after dinner we decided to rent a golf cart to ride around the island. We really enjoyed this.



On our ride we saw the lighthouse


and of course we had to find the fire station!


we also stopped for ice cream :)


The second day of our trip we stayed on the beach most of the day. You drive your vehicle right on the beach which is nice because you don't have to haul all of your stuff from the car to the beach. There were people fishing right beside us that caught 3 sharks while we were there. I didn't get to see the first one but they told me it was at least 100 lbs. It snapped their line and got away. The other 2 were small but still big enough to keep me out of the water!

Our little set-up. Bryant stayed under the tent the whole time....ha!



Shark #1 which they put back in the ocean after the kids saw him


Shark #2 which was also released

We had a great time and I highly recommend Edward's of Ocracoke. I plan to do a post each day this week of AK's birthday week gifts. These gifts are really not much but I think it will be fun for her to have something each day leading up to her birthday. I really cannot believe she is almost 1. I remember this time last year how LARGE and how HOT I was!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you and Bryant had fun :)! I can't believe AK is going to be 1 on Friday!

    ReplyDelete