Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Beau's Journey

 Our precious Beau had a tumor pop up on his shoulder several months before Christmas. We really didn't think anything of it until it became very irritated around Christmas time. It eventually burst and we had it removed. The tumor was sent off for biopsy and the results were not good. He had a very aggressive form of cancer that would take him from us. We loved this pup so, so much and he was the best companion to our family. We still have a Beau-sized hole in our hearts. We sure do miss this sweet boy!









We had about 4 months with him before he passed. We had to keep the incision covered for the most part so he wouldn't bother it. He was such a trooper!






Our family heard of a friend with golden doodle puppies that were ready for homes. They thought this may be a good idea to help us cope and give Beau a buddy. We took Beau to meet all of the puppies. I told myself if he didn't seem to be interested or if the puppies were scared of him, we wouldn't do it. Well, he picked himself out the perfect little brother!


Beau was immediately drawn to this pup and the puppy wasn't afraid at all!

Meet Parker Beddard!






and this sweet one decided he needed to belong to Mimi and Papa! Meet Tucker Daniels!








Parker followed Beau everywhere and had to be touching him when they slept. Beau was such a good example for Parker and Parker was a great buddy for Beau!











The  morning after Beau died, I was so, so sad during my prayer time. I was asking God for something to show me that Beau was in Heaven with Him. I know God heard my prayers and saw my tears that morning. When I opened my daily devotion, the title was Wagging Tails and Tongues with a picture of a Golden Retriever!

































































No comments:

Post a Comment