Thursday, April 23, 2020

Covid-19

Before I get into how Covid-19 has changed our daily life, I need to catch up on a few things that happened before.....


Aunt Melisa pulled another tooth for Corban!


Ruby trying to get away from Beau!

Anna Kate and Anna Grey were part of Chicod's elementary Battle of the Books team. They had a great time competing against other schools in the county.


Corban wrapped up a great basketball season!


During read across America week, some of the ECU student athletes came to read to our students. Corban was so excited to get to see Holton and meet some of the other ECU football players!

Luckily we happened to have his ECU football in my classroom so he was able to get them to sign it!

Corban started baseball but unfortunately only got to play three games.....




So here we go. Covid-19 has drastically changed everything about our world. At the point we have to be socially distancing at all times. This means all stores, restaurants, arenas, theaters etc are closed or only open for pick-up or delivery. We stay home everyday and don't really get to see our family or friends. We make a few exceptions to go stand on the porch or look through a window to see them. We have made the most of our time at home with online learning since schools are closed. We play outside a lot (thankfully we have had nice weather most days), play board games, watch movies, and have done A LOT of baking....

Nanny was moved to a nursing home rehab facility in early March. She is thankfully home now but the only way we could see her was to come to her window. One day we were able to get Pa there!



Corban got to go fishing!


How Beau feels about it all.....

Outside fun!


One round of baking!

Lots of walks....

and bike rides....

Corban thinks online learning is a blast! haha!


Corban calls me Mrs. Beddard during our online learning time in the mornings...haha!

Doing timed math facts with sissy....

AK strength conditioning with her gymnastics team via Zoom....


An outside math lesson on equal/unequal parts....

Kindness rocks that she also used for a science lesson....

Beau enjoying a sunny day!

Painting pavers....

More baking....


Fun with painters tape and sidewalk chalk!



An online art lesson...


I call Beau my teacher assistant because he is usually wherever I am....today I caught him sleeping on the job! haha!

Graphing jelly beans....yum!

To reach all children our county is asking teachers to be videotaped and broadcasted on a local TV station. I was able to participate with a teammate from school. We did a lesson on "There was an Old Lady who Swallowed a Shell."

One of my sweet parents from school sent me this picture of her little one following along with my lesson....

Lots of board games.....


A little Bocci Ball one night....

This about sums up life for me! haha! Dinner on the fly while I check assignments and my kids act crazy! haha!



No comments:

Post a Comment